This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which DENTALSPECIALISTS@SCOTTS PTE LTD (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our patients in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice:“patient” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any medical care or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any medical care or services by us; and“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will need to collect your personal data for the purposes of registration, medical examination and treatment when you present yourself at DentalSpecialists@Scotts Pte Ltd. Some of the personal data that we may collect are your name, contact details, residential address, date of birth, NRIC No/passport details, medical information, diagnostic imaging, photographic films and financial information.
- It will be deemed that you have consented to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data by us for the purposes connected or relevant to the provision of dental care to you.
- When you seek care at other healthcare providers, we may share the relevant data with them through our internal information systems for more effective communication between clinicians. We may also use your personal data to invite you to participate in suitable care programs or shortlist you for participation in relevant research studies.
- As a healthcare institution, we may share relevant data and participate in national and multi-agency efforts to:
- Review healthcare policies and requirements;
- Review programs that ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services;
- Conduct disease surveillance to address public health concerns; and
- Train future generations of healthcare professionals.
- We may also collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information; and
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the medical care and services (for example, patient referrals with other healthcare institutions or healthcare professionals); or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above-mentioned purposes.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request as soon as practicable.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our medical care or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in Clause 9 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request for correction of your personal data as soon as reasonably possible. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We treat all personal data provided by you in strict confidence. In particular, we, as a healthcare institution, respect and keep your personal data safe by:
- Limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care and the supporting internal processes;
- Conducting regular checks to ensure only authorised persons have access to your personal data;
- Removing details that identify you when using your data for internal purposes as far as possible; and
- Instituting reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected so to mitigate any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No.: 6737 3088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Last updated: 8TH JANUARY 2021